Thursday, March 27, 2014

This Week at Nana's


Weather Update:
MARCH Ends - April Begins!


 This past week the weather was okay. We Burque's cant really complain about our weather when so many states are still covered in snow. Albuquerque people enjoyed, sunshine, a bit of overcast and a tiny bit of rainfall and wind. I still had to water the front and back yards but every little bit of rain is a blessing. In general, the weather was pleasant enough to leave the coat at home.


Outdoors Update:
The front lawn is still the same. Dirt and sand. The ivy I planted last year is growing and survived the winter. It will be a few years but I hope to cover the entire fence in ivy vines. The lilac tree in the front yard has bloomed and it smells heavenly. This week, Mrs. Pocheco was spotted on her front porch and that's a sign that winter is over. She must be about 90 years old now. It was nice to see her outside the house.

The dandelion patch near the back yard garden is taking off to a good start. I will be able to harvest some delicious 2014 Dandelion Tea.  There are a lot of little sticks all over the back yard because Albuquerque had a wind storm last night. 

I took a picture of the new portable fire pit. Get excited Grands because we are going to roast marsh mellows this summer! We will have to take it with us on a camp out. I just love that it folds up and its easy to put together. It looks small in the picture but its actually pretty big.



Pet Update:
I use to be able to pick Tuck up with one hand but now he has super sized and I need two hands to pick him up. I give him a tooth brush scrub down every other week to keep algae off his shell. He is very good about it, no fuss at all. He is going to be a big turtle. The female turtles get really big so Im glad Tuck is a male.


Lets see, Wednesday, Skinny Ding Dongs, AKA Pedro the cat came over to the house for a can of Tuna, of course Skinny shared it with Mean Missy. He played with all of Missy's toys, rolled in some cat nip and took off back to his home with the 2 Chihuahuas. Traitor. LOL.

Mauricio is doing great. He did have a mishap and accidentally jumped out of his house onto the tile. He meant to jump into the snack crate. Poor baby. He is okay with nothing injured but his pride. This has not detoured him from jumping into the snack crate. His favorite snack this week is lettuce. He is laying off the carrots and just nibbles on them. Today, I gave him a piece of banana and he is not having it at all. LOL.

Wheezy the Jail Bird
This former bad, noisy angry bird is now a sweetheart. Wheezy sings pretty and does not squawk unless Missy is near his house. No more time outs for loud nonstop squawking. LOL. He loves to hang out with me when Im goofing around on the computer and often I play his favorite song on the Internet so he can shake his tail feathers. 
Hear what song Wheezy loves.

Wheezy Chillin at home.
Animals are AMAZING!


MCFH season 4 premiere slider


This week there has been some serious action in the kitchen. Knife action! Chopping lettuce, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, onions and peppers. Yes, the healthy eating is still going on. Lots of salads.  Hooray for me.  This week, I cooked up Moroccan Chickpea Soup and Jalapeno Cream Potato Soup. Both were super delicious. Get it? Soup-er. LOL. I also made a batch of vegetable broth to have on hand since its going to be a soup and salad kind of month. I will definitely make some minestrone soup this week because that is my favorite. I also made a batch of Veggie Pattie Cakes and put them in the freezer for this coming week. I hope to have a couple of those veggie patties to break up the salad routine. I found a site with some interesting 300 calorie soups and I may try a couple of their recipes. Low Calorie Soups.

Local News in Albuquerque, New Mexico

KRQE News 13 Blog



Something about Nana

Sometimes, I watch the Shaytard's Videos on YouTube. I know its wrong. LOL. I cant help it.

http://whatsgoingonwithnana.blogspot.com/2014/03/this-week-at-nanas_21.html