Sunday, March 2, 2014

This Week at Nana's


Weather Update:
ITS MARCH!
Windy with clouds and scattered rain showers here in Albuquerque, NM.


Not much of a change in weather. We did get a bit of rain this weekend. The mornings are still cold but it does warm up by noon. I vacuum and sweep but mud still makes its way into the house. I had the door open to get some fresh air into the house and the wind blew dust in everywhere. 


Outdoors Update:
The sprouts are doing good. The eggplant sprouts take longer to sprout then squash and tomatoes but today 1 actually sprouted up. Im very hopeful that the green peppers will sprout by the end of the week. I have a hard time with the green peppers. I think they might need a grow light to get them going. A friend from Belen, NM came over this weekend and she says she will just grow tomatoes. She has an acre to grow but has no interest in gardening. Wow. I would love to have an acre to grow my garden. To me gardening is an awesome hobby because you get to see the veggies grow from seeds to the table. The flowers are not sprouting very well. I will re-seed them to day and add more seeds to each cup of soil. I was not sure how many to plant but can see that I did not sow enough seed. I guess its a learn as you go process.
Pet Update:
Missy has a new feeding station. She loves it. She also likes to remind me to keep it filled with her cat food. I took pictures tonight of the whole pet group. These pets were not cooperative. They kept turning away just as I would take the picture.  Missy was not happy about getting her picture taken. Tuck loves getting his picture taken. He even poses for the picture. Wheezy was mad at me because of the light. Wheezy just wanted to go to bed. 
Im not sure if I told you that Zander the pretty blue fish loves Missy and they hang out together. Missy drinks from the top of Zander's fish bowl and Zander allows it. She never tries to catch him or eat him she just drinks from his bowl. She looks evil in this picture but really she is mad at me because I keep taking her picture.

Wheezy the Jail Bird
Wheezy is working hard to get over the shyness. I am watching videos that teach how to get your bird to come out of their house. Wheezy likes my finger to perch but is still shy. I liked this guys video. His bird is very not shy. LOL.

What Cats Do When Your Away



My Cat From Hell - Animal Planet
From spastic cats that break up relationships to violent felines that put their owners in the hospital, cat behaviorist Jackson Galaxy has seen it all.






Whats Cooking?
This week, not much cooking action going on. I baked two skinny girl pumpkin pies. Recipe Here. I did burn the crust a little bit.  But the pies turned out pretty good.  Pie crust recipe comes from this book I have called, Complete Idiot's Guide to Baking. Cooking wise, I did make minestrone soup and put it into little containers and froze those. Today, I made salsa and guacamole and just snacked on that during the day. I sort of just snacked throughout the week and ate pie. LOL.

Im sprouting pumpkin seeds and hope to grow pumpkins this year.  I love to watch video of people who grow those giant pumpkins. 

Cooking Guys Nana thinks people should know about because they are silly and fun.
Two Greedy Italians Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp3BeRqi0Sk
Dining outside with your favorite people and delicious Italian food is a blessing.
Al fresco dining is eating outside
 (from Italian al fresco, meaning "outside, at a fresh temperature; in the fresh air").


Things to Think About:
Neighbors with weeds and bad curb appeal. Henry, dear Henry your weeds have overgrown.
What others advise about overgrown weeds in neighbors yard.

Can you have a bee farm in the city?
http://www.urbanfarmonline.com/urban-livestock/bee-keeping/safe-beekeeping.aspx

What people are saying about telemarketers that constantly call.
http://www.abine.com/blog/2013/how-to-block-calls-from-telemarketers/


http://whatsgoingonwithnana.blogspot.com/2014_02_01_archive.html