Sunday, March 9, 2014

This Week at Nana's

Weather Update:
March - Week Two
Overcast clouds with rain in Albuquerque, NM.

The days were cloudy, with some wind, and rain this past week. Allergy season is going strong. I hear people including myself sneeze, and sneeze and sneeze. Allergy season is no fun. I brush and curl and tame my hair but my hair is made into a big mess as soon as I step outside. Im not a hat person but maybe its time to consider wearing a hat to prevent the wind from messing up my hair. Nana did NOT enjoy the time change. Adjustment needed. LOL


Outdoors Update:

I re-seeded the wildflower cups and will have to wait to see if the seeds will grow flowers. I took some outside pictures of the cloudy sky, the front yard ground and the lilac tree in the front yard.. The front yard seems to be growing some green coverage. Its not grass but it looks ok and covers the dirt. Im sure its some kind of weed that grows along the ground and not straight up. The lilac tree is getting some green on it. 

I love the lilac tree. Each year it blooms twice. I like to think of each bloom as a gift from God. The humming birds love the lilac tree too. Let's see, the sprouts are doing okay. I am sprouting more green pepper and chile seeds.  The garden area is cleared and ready to turn the soil up. I may do some small raised garden beds too. If I have room. I will definitely plant some potatoes. I know the Grands will enjoy digging for potatoes this summer. That should be fun. This spring I will get a truck load of soil delivered to fill in the ground around the giant tree in the front yard. I sure hope those flowers grow. I really dont want to buy those boring petunias at Lowes. My Friend J.M. said he planted strawberries last year and they grew really well without much fussing over them. I will try planting and growing those along the picket fence in the back yard. I wonder if I should plant those in containers. Something I need to research. 

Pet Update:
(Cat Drama) Mean Missy has a boyfriend hanging around the yard. He is adorable. He is very fluffy. I will try to get his picture but he is wild and very fast. Of course, Mean Missy wants nothing to do with him. She growls at him and I swear it sounds like she is telling him off in cat lingo. Skinny Ding Dongs came into the house on Monday and he looked like he had been in one too many fights. He actually ate a bowl of cat food, drank some water and waited at the door to go back outside. I guess Skinny Ding Dongs, (AKA Pedro) got kicked out of the neighbors house this week. Probably fighting with the little dogs.  Joe G. brought his little girl over on Tuesday to see the pets. Tuck showed off doing his best "look at me Im swimming nowhere" trick and rolling his rock. He was very active and cute. I had seen a video of a guy who had a plastic ping pong ball in the tank with his turtle. I think I will get one for Tuck. Mr. Tubbs and the tank fish are doing great. I try to pay attention to them and not just walk by the tank without saying some words of encouragement. "Nice swimming Goldy. Looking good Mr. Tubbs. Thanks for cleaning the tank Mr. Poopers". LOL. 

Wheezy the Jail Bird
This week, I placed wheezy near me on the desk. Just for about 30 minutes. Wheezy is not squawking but chirps loud. Its sort of hard to enjoy web search with a loud bird chirping in your ear. But I will keep at it. Wheezy does get on my finger now and I cant wait for the Grands to see that when they visit this summer.


What Cats Do When Your Away











The 2014 Westminster Kennel Club



Whats Cooking?
Pineapple everywhere. LOL. I made a large pizza pie with pineapple as one of the toppings and only used a little of the pineapple. Therefore, I was stuck with a lot of pineapple and had to make some cakes.  I baked two cakes this week. One pina-pineapple cake with cream cheese pineapple glaze and one orange pineapple cake with cream cheese glaze. The cake was given to some cake lovers. 



http://whatsgoingonwithnana.blogspot.com/2014/02/horchata-cinnamon-rice-milk-1-cup-long.html

Things Nana Reads On The Internet


KEEPING UP WITH OUR WORLD'S CRAZY NEWS

Top Documentary films site introduces - Losing Weight

50 Things Everyone Should Know How To Do


Vegetarians are way cool. :)
Pool Noodles are AWESOME. :)

Silly Quotes - BrainyQuote
See what famous and not so famous have quoted for your benefit.





http://whatsgoingonwithnana.blogspot.com/2014/03/this-week-at-nanas.html