Friday, June 20, 2014

This Week at Nana's


Weather Update
JUNE is still happening!

Hot cha cha!

I was very happy to get the Grands this past Tuesday and Wednesday. I think they had a pretty good stay. Tuesday, we did some toy shopping. The girls each got some toys and an adorable My Little Pony tote bag from Toys R Us. Eve and I had Chinese Buffet lunch. Eve loved it but I thought it was awful. I do not recommend Lin's Buffet for people who are vegetarians. Eve really enjoyed the chicken on a stick. After lunch we watched the Lego Movie in 3D at the theater. Raven met up with us later and we goofed off all afternoon. Wednesday, we went to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 in 3D. Drinks, popcorn and candy and the day was awesome. After that movie adventure, I packed a picnic lunch and we headed out for the Los Altos Pool. We got rained on twice during the swim time. Due to bad weather the Grands only got to swim for an hour. On the 3rd rain pouring I had to call it a rain out. That one cloud just would not go away. A frosty was promised and received for the ride home.



Garden Plants And Outdoors Update
A or some skunks have been hanging around the yard. You can really smell them about 2 a.m. Pee Yew Pepe La Pew. I hope they do not eat squash. LOL. 

Now, there are two garden houses in the back yard. I have so many squash plants that I had to expand. The Grands sure had fun watering, trimming and misting the plants.
Garden House 2

The plants are still growing pretty good. The beans are flowering well. There is one baby squash developing on a zucchini plant. I sure hope to see more soon. The tomatoes are flowering and some have tiny tomatoes. The lettuce is growing good too. I lost 1 lettuce plant because it did not have a good root. I will plop a lettuce sprout in that empty container this Saturday, as I had planned to loose 4 and have 4 lettuce sprouts waiting for a planter. Soon, I plan to do a 3rd clipping of the spinach. The herbs are growing great. All except for the rosemary. At the left of the doorway is a three tiered shelf full of plants.   


Pet Update
Raven training Wheezy to Step Up.

Snack wise, the pets sure do enjoy when the Grands are here at the house. Mauricio gets extra snacks and he is very, very, very happy. Tuck, Tubbs and Zander get fed little snacks all day. 

 













Missy is missing in action only to run in to quickly eat and drink. She wants nothing to do with children. Shes a "Scardy Cat".  Wheezy is just plain mad. "Warning, Will Robinson there is danger here. Squawk"! 




You know when those Grands are here that Nana steps it up and makes her famous,  
"No Fail Brownies". I sent some home with Raven and Eve but I dont think they will share them. LOL. 


The Grands enjoy breakfast and I did have the usual requests for waffles and pancakes. So, we did the waffle breakfast Tuesday and the pancake breakfast Wednesday. Each was accompanied by sausage, fried ham and strawberries with whip cream. 


http://whatsgoingonwithnana.blogspot.com/2014/06/this-week-at-nanas.html